Georgia Chamber Webinar: Securing US, State & Local Agency Contracts
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Known as the "world's largest customer," the federal government awarded almost $100 billion in contract dollars to small businesses in 2016. Landing a local, state, or federal contract can be a game changer for your business, but understanding how to sell to this customer is anything but simple.
Join our Government Contracting 2.0 Webinar from 9-10:00 a.m. on September 11, 2017, for a next-level look at securing, fulfilling, and getting paid on a government contract. Following the informative session, attendees will be able to ask questions of presenter and procurement expert Joe Beaulieu, program manager with Georgia Tech’s Procurement Assistance Center.
Designed to go beyond the basics of an introduction to government contracting seminar, attendees will explore topics such as:
- Current trends, tips, and best practices for doing business with the State of Georgia
- Identifying where a product or service is purchased and who to contact
- Strategies to discover procurement history, identify buyers, and find current opportunities as a vendor, prime contractor, or subcontractor
- Understanding bidding requirements and preparing successful bids and proposals
- Invoicing processes to ensure you get paid
- Additional resources for no-cost training, mentoring, and proposal/bid assistance
Before the webinar, you'll receive Government Contracting 101 materials in advance to brush up on the basics of how the government buys goods and services, the 7 phases of government procurement, and how to identify and register for opportunities as a vendor or subcontractor.
Register today to receive both Government Contracting 101 and the Government Contracting 2.0 webinar for only $25 for members and $75 for non-members!
For assistance with the registration process, please contact Mary Claire Nay at firstname.lastname@example.org.