Georgia Bankers Association Elects and Installs Officers and Nine Directors to its Board
Monday, June 20th, 2016
Members of the Georgia Bankers Association have elected and installed officers and nine new members to its board of directors for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
Richard E. Drews, CEO, Century Bank of Georgia, Cartersville, was installed as the 127th Chairman of the Georgia Bankers Association. Members elected Palmer Proctor, president, Fidelity Bank, Atlanta, as Chairman Elect, John Hall, president and CEO, American Pride Bank, Macon, as Vice Chairman, and Ken Bibb, president, The Geo. D. Warthen Bank, Sandersville, to a three-year term as Secretary/Treasurer.
“I’m honored my peers have placed their trust in me as GBA Chairman for the coming year,” Drews said. “GBA’s membership is diverse and represents all banks in Georgia, from the smallest to the largest in markets throughout the state. We all have common advocacy interests and needs for banker education and services, so I am excited about helping GBA continue being the resource to meet those needs for its members.”
Nine new board members elected by their peers or appointed to At Large positions to begin their terms are:
· Group 1: Brent Sammons, president & CEO, Altamaha Bank and Trust Company, Vidalia
· Group 3: Heath Fountain, president & CEO, Planters First Bank, Cordele
· Group 5: Cynthia Day, president & CEO, Citizens Trust Bank, Atlanta
· Group 7: Ken Barber, president and CEO ServisFirst Bank, Atlanta
· Group 9: Tony Collins, president & CEO, Southern Bank and Trust, Clarkesville
· At Large: Luke Flatt, president & CEO, AB&T National Bank, Albany
· At Large: Chad Gregory, Greater Georgia region president, Wells Fargo, Atlanta
· Leadership GBA incoming president, Bill Inabinet, AVP, AFB&T, a division of Synovus Bank, Monroe
· Associate Member Representative: Jim Foyt, Executive Benefit Specialists.