Third Annual Middle Georgia State of Small Business Summit, Bridge to Scale
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018
Small business owners in Middle Georgia have opportunity within reach, and Macon-Bibb Small Business Affairs and SCORE Middle Georgia intend to deliver. With the primary goals of strengthening established small businesses and creating more small business jobs, Middle Georgia State of Small Business Summit encourages small businesses to register for the third annual summit: Bridge to Scale, May 3-4, 2018 at the Tubman Museum.
“Macon is growing. Long gone are the days where we can grow sustainably by having one major employer in town,” stated Macon-Bibb Mayor Robert Reichert. “Small businesses create 2 out of 3 net new private-sector jobs in Middle Georgia. We need to provide our local, small businesses with the opportunities, roadmaps, expertise, and resources to grow, to create jobs, and to be successful.”
Small business attendees will:
• Hear about opportunities to do business with large companies/agencies in Middle Georgia
• Learn from successful small businesses on how to access these opportunities
• Find support resources
• Access subject matter experts
• Connect directly with large companies/agencies on specific opportunities
Specific opportunities for connection with large companies include Coliseum Health Systems, Georgia
DOT, Haskell Construction, Macon Water Authority. and more.
• Sarita Hill, MaconBibb Equal Opportunity Commission CEO
• Robert Reichert, Macon-Bibb Mayor
• Terri Denison, Georgia’s SBA District Director
• Stacey Key, Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council CEO
• John Hope Bryant, Operation HOPE, Inc. CEO and Founder and author, The Memo: Five Rules
for Your Economic Liberation [book signing to be held at close of summit]
Registration is $45 until April 27th, $55 until day of and includes all access to the summit and support
network as well as the reception, breakfast, and lunch. Register today at middlegeorgia.score.org.